Build healthy relationships today. Let's get started.
Build healthy relationships today. Let's get started.
Have you found yourself in a state of feeling stuck, and you may not be entirely sure why? Perhaps you're beginning to hear your inner voice urging you, telling you that anxiety doesn't have to dominate your life, or that you can rediscover peace and laughter in your relationship. It's possible that you're in the process of healing from the pain of loss, whether it's due to the loss of a loved one or the end of a significant relationship. The good news is, relief is within your reach. Your inner voice is onto something – it's an indicator that something isn't quite right, and it's absolutely okay to prioritize self-care.
My own journey began with the sensation of being stuck. Initially, this feeling was fleeting and somewhat elusive, but it gradually evolved into a prominent part of my inner dialogue. Paying attention to this inner voice allowed me to recognize that a part of me was being neglected. While I deeply cared for others in my life – family, friends, and my community – I wasn't extending the same care to myself. I found myself in a cycle of caring for others and then feeling depleted, with a sense that something could be better, even if I wasn't entirely sure what that entailed.
During my college years, I delved into Psychology and Sociology. My early experiences, including a research project on couples' needs in relationships and an independent study in Organizational Development, exposed me to the systems in which people live and function. This journey sparked my path of self-discovery. The voice that had been nudging me that something wasn't quite right now had a clearer direction.
I embarked on my graduate studies at Seattle Pacific University, graduating in 2012 as a Marriage and Family Therapist. My education and practicum experiences equipped me with the tools to care both for myself and others, which has enabled me to help individuals like you navigate the journey toward reducing feelings of anxiety, living harmoniously with your partner, healing from past wounds, and finding direction to move forward.
It's truly incredible to witness individuals, just like you, who recognize and honor their inner needs as individuals. We can help you transform that inner voice into a supportive cheerleader, urging you toward achieving your goals.
Whether you're contending with relationship challenges, historical baggage, anxiety, depression, or specific life situations, rest assured that you can make progress and move forward.
Emotional Freedom Technique
DBT - informed
Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
Internal Family Systems (IFS) -informed
When helping persons with traumatic experiences I utilize a mix of Emotional Freedom Technique, Body posturing, and Diaphragmic Breathing. Please let me know if you are interested in removing flashbacks, nightmares, and hypervigilance from your life. As well as feeling safe and at peace in your body again.
I have completed Level 1 and Level 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy and use the Gottman Method Couples Therapy in my work.
- Sex, Desire & Attachment with Emily Nagoski, Ph.D.: New Science & Strategies to Transform Couples’ Sex Lives
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals: 2-Day Distance Therapy Training
- Emotional Freedom Techniques and Tapping: Evidence-Based, Mind-Body Treatment Approach to the Anxiety Spectrum Disorders and Pain, Robin Bilazarian, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, AMMET
- 2 Day : Trauma Conference: The Body Keeps the Score- Trauma Healing with Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- Intensive Trauma Treatment Course with Bessel van der Kolk
- Rewiring the Brain: Neurofeedback with Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- EMDR: A Rapid, Safe, and Proven Treatment for Trauma Speaker(s): Megan McQuary, LCSW, ACADC, CCTPII, EMDRC
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Diane Renz, M.A., L.P.C.
- Advanced Trauma Treatment for Children and Adolescents: A Certification Training on Healing the Body Through Play
- Esther Perel's Transformative Approach to Couples Therapy in Action, Ester Perel, MA, LMFT
- Introduction to Esther Perel's Couples Therapy Approach , Ester Perel, MA, LMFT
- Speak to me in French, Esther Perel, MA, LMFT
- The Perfect Marriage, Ester Perel, MA, LMFT
- Trauma and the Roots of Infidelity, Ester Perel, MA, LMFT
(Can you tell I am a fan of Esther Perel!)
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Private Practice
- Emotional Eating, Chronic Dieting, Bingeing and Body Image with Judith Matz, LCSW
- Personality Disorders Certificate Course: Advanced Diagnosis, Treatment and Management -Gregory Lester, Ph. D.
- Grief and Loss Across the Lifespan: Embracing Life After Loss: Therapeutic Tools that Promote Healing and Hope Among Children, Adolescents and Adults, Erica Sirrien, Ph.D., LCSW
- The Aging Brain - Roy Steinberg, Ph.D.
- How PTSD Affects the Mind, Brain and Biology
- Connectedness as a Biological Imperative: Understanding Trauma Through the Lens of the Polyvagal Theory- Stephen Porges, Ph.D.
- Transgenerational Transmission of Trauma, Rachel Yehuda, Ph.D.
- Lessons from Monkeys About Interactions Between Genes, Environment and Attachment Patterns, Stephen J Suomi, Ph.D.
- Mad as Hell: End Your Clients Struggle with Anger and Help Them Gain Control of Their Lives with Clinical Strategies that get Results, David C. Brillhart, Psy.D.
- Trust and Meaning Making in Parent-Child Interactions, Ed Tronick, Ph.D
- Master Clinician Series: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study, Vincent Felitti, MD
- 10 Best-Ever Depression Treatment Techniques, Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D.
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Elite Continuing Education
- Ethical Practice for Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counseling, Elite Continuing Education
What my Bones Know by Stephanie Foo
The Heartbeat of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
The Way of Integrity by Martha Beck
State Change by Robein Berzin
ADHD 2.0 by Edward M. Hallowell, John J. Ratey
An indigenous Peoples' History of the Untied States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
No Bad Parts by Richard C. Schwarz PhD
How Can I Get Through To You by Terrence Real
The New Rules of Marriage by Terrence Real
Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joy Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
A little Spot of Emotion 8 Book Box Set by Diane Alber
Finding Your Element: How to Discover Your Talents and Passions and Transform Your Life by Ken Robinson and Lou Aronica
Honoring the Self by Nathaniel Branden
Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
How to be and Adult in Relationships by David Richo
Grit by Angela Duckworth
Deep Work by Cal Newport
What to Remember When Waking by David Whyte
Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin
The Nocturnal Brain by Dr. Guy Leschziner
Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
Overcoming Imposter Syndrome by Kelly Vincent
Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke MD
How to Meet Yourself by Dr. Nicole LePera
Weathering by Arline T. Geronimus
Finding Me: A Memoir by Viola Davis
JENNIFER CHAPMAN COUNSELING, PLLC
Washington and Florida State Telehealth Provider: Serving Seattle , King County, Pierce County, Kitsap. Serving Sarasota and Orlando.
Copyright © 2024 Individual, Marriage and Couples Therapy - All Rights Reserved.